music to ipod and back to computer?

weaselworld

Registered
I just bought a 30G iPod and have been diligently ripping my music onto my powerbook and then transferring it to the iPod. I wanna reformat the hard drive on the laptop and partition it up and such, so my question is, will the songs that have been transferred to my iPod be transferred back to my powerbook after I've formatted the drive and reinstalled everything? I had thought this was how it worked, with music being transferred both was to keep everything synchronized but I can't find any concrete info one way or the other, and I'd like to know before I clear everything out. Thanks!

You can do that = get your music back from your iPod to your mac with different softwares... there are plenty of softwares that do it, serch for ipod in versiontracker. i have used ipod viewer (freeware) - the main reason for not allowing to drag'n'drop the items back from ipod to a(ny) hard drive is to make copying (and stealing) more complicated. (so obviously i will tell you to use that software only on your mac ;) )

Is there a way to bring aac files back to the hard drive? I'm thinking of getting a new iPod and want to be able to transfer everything over. Most of my songs are in mp3 format, but I have ripped/converted a handful to see what sound quality/size was like. That and I have some songs from the Music Store and audible.com books as well. I can move mp3s back to the hard drive, but can't get the other format over yet.

m4p files can be recovered if your computer has the same acount as the one you bought the music with. m4a files can be recovered as freely as mp3 files...

Back