music

cleo

Registered
hi
i burned a cd from my itunes and it won't play in my car. it plays in other
cd players i have, but not my car?...i have a 2001 corvette car i tried it in
my truck and it plays. it comes up err....... could it be i have an older
car and things have changed??.........thanks

I too can not play any burned cds in my car! I have always attributed this to the fact that my car's cd player is quite old and that buned cd's seem to have a lower reflectivity than the original cds. I assume that cd player created before burners and or cd-rs could function with a lower powered laser while newer ones have a high power laser. Or if laser power is not the answer something allows new cd players to read the low reflectivity disk and the od players can not.

edit: I was thinking after my post and I imagine that changing the laser power is not reasonable, but perhaps the photo detectors (that read the info reflected back from the disk) has improved...i dunno!

I was just wondering though, you do not happen to have the preferences in itunes set to make an mp3 cd do you? This is a more likely reason for cds to work in limited places (depending on how old the cd players are I guess). If this is in fact the case...your truck's player must handle mp3 format...which is sweet because you can put 100 or so songs on one disk and have more sounds at your fingertips!!!

That's strange. Anything I burn works in my car perfectly, so I dunno what's going on there. Try Toast Titanium and see if that solves anything.

Weird...Chevrolet (GM) has supported CD-Rs in their vehicles (stock CD radios) since the mid nineties, so it shouldn't be your CD player. However, most of their vehicles didn't support MP3 based discs until late 2002 and 2003. Some of the 'entry level' models still don't. Open iTunes, then go to Preferences/Burning and make sure it's set to use Audio CD and not MP3 CD.

Does your Vette have the standard radio or the upgraded version? Have you ever cleaned the CD unit? Have you tried using a different manufacturer's CD-R?

I've never had an issue with one made from iTunes (4.0 and all versions higher) in any of my vehicles or in friend's/family's vehicles.

98 Chevy Blazer LT (mine, 137K miles on the odometer, been using CD-Rs whole time), 99 Blazer LS (rental), 03 Chevy Silverado SS (brothers), 95 Chevy K-1500 LS (brothers, sold since).

i have the updated raido, mdnky.........and i will try the toast titanium........hope it works thx..........

Back