MWSF pics and commentary

edX

mac shaman
well, i think MWSF is still a pretty hot topic so i'm posting this here. I've just put my MWSF pictures up on my apple homepages. please check them out to get a little idea of what it is like. I started the day by meeting SimX in person. We walked and talked for about an hour. We stopped by the OmniWeb booth. Brian reports that all the difficulties with css rendering are not expected to be corrected until the final release at the end of this year. yes, end of 2002. Let's hope it happens sooner.
I spent the rest of the day on the exhibit floor while simx went to conferences. I had a great time. I saw diskwarrior osx version, yet to be released but up and demoed on their mac-chine. they say the upgrade will cost some money. micromat said that Drive10 should have optimization with the next version. norton was their usual smug selves although i had a pleasent conversation (bitch session) with one of their sales clerks.
there were lots of free software cd's with demos and graphics. i will probably be playing with them for weeks. i bought spring cleaning for osx for 19.95 and also broke down and bought the upgrade for viavoice osx. i'm still praying it really works this time. final purchase was a 3 pack of black ink for my epson 740 at 15.95. i figure this will help print the dissertation if i ever get it finished.
i got a free poster of the new imac that is of exceptional quality. (actually the poster and the new imac). of course i got to play with it and am no longer as afraid of the cats hurting it as i was. the rep took the whole imac and lifted it up in the air with the hd running. i was freaked but impressed that it never missed a beat. (not sure i would want to buy one of their demos- he he)
i ended up standing about 3-4 feet from steve tyler of aerosmith who was busy arguing with a guy who sold software to track down mp3's on the net. Steve was really in his face about ripping the music industry off. as you can see from the pics it was being filmed. the cameraman appeared to be with steve and another guy. i had to leave before they were thru. he had a small crowd gathered by the time i left. it was pretty fun to watch.
and while i didn't get pics of them, i will report to all the frustrated guys out there that there were lots of macbabes at the expo. and not just working the booths. i also haven't been around so many other long hairs since my last Grateful Dead show!! it made me feel right at home. (can't really see my ponytail in the pics but it is there)
I've got more info to share but i need to sift thru my flyers to remember anymore right now. it's 4 in the morning here and i am just starting to wind down. :D

Good work great report!:)
life is so unfair im sitting at work staring out at the snow and judging from your picts there is sun "that i havent seen for about 3 months BTW:mad: " and theres mac expo. conclusion i live in the wrong part of the world!!

i am a multi faceted individual. i also love to be a walking paradox. and honestly, i am very comfortable in suits. such fine cloth, nice fit, confidence of knowing you look good, and lots of pockets make suits a wonderful thing. :)

but i have plenty of tie dies as well. in fact i came home and changed into one and am still wearing it:D

Great album, I particularly enjoyed the commentary. I also must say thank you for letting us inadvertantly step into the past of Ed Spuirell.

actually herve i took the pics with my "cool i-cam" (that's really the name of my little $80 camera. i then downloaded them with the program that comes with it for doing so. then went to photodeluxe, the oem version of photoshop and did some enhancing. saved as jpegs from there. my camera takes way too crummy pics to use just iphoto with it.

twyg - previous ed and day at the beach were posted to "post your mug" thread in 'all thoughts non technical' awhile back. they've been up for all to laugh at intentionally:p ('laugh with' might be more appropriate phrase:D )

thanks for taking the time to check them all out and the nice comments:)

manic - take your lithium .

ok, i've been sorting thru my goodie bag and have counted 13 free cd's with various programs on them plus 2 copies of MacAddicct with enclosed discs (i think i got 2 because i was with simx at the time and he is a subscriber). and this software i can share with all of you americans who would like to do their taxes - taxcut handed out a link for free downloads of their program at
http://store.taxcut.com/macworld
enter osx as password. yes it is an osx version!!!!
some nice things i had never seen before -
a one handed keyboard - only uses half the keys and takes up about 6" of space.
a heated gel pad wrist rest for keyboard use
a device that allows you to control your entire home entertainment center from your mac. i think it only works in 9, but i'm not sure.

a couple of other softwares that might be worth looking at - both photoshop competitors -
pixelnhance and tiffany3 from www.caffeineSoft.com gotta love a company called caffeine software!!
microspot photofix from www.macroenter.com they have other related programs as well.

btw - even a small thanks for posting reply is appreciated in this thread. my thanks to those who have done so already:)

Back