My 89 year old brain ain't up to it.

piquant

Registered
I live in a retirement community consisting 3 wings of apartments that radiate from our library at the hub. It's approximately 200 feet from the library to the end of each wing. Of the 150 residents currently living here, fewer than five avail themselves of the free wireless service provided in the library — other residents, not too cheap to spend $35 for an internet connection, have no interest in wireless.

Five of us are lobbying the administrator for a router that can extend the range to our rooms. The person in charge states that the cost to upgrade would be more than would be justified by so few users.

To continue harassing management, we need to enrich our ignorance with facts. What are we talking about in dollars and cents, for example.

You can get a range extender (example-NETGEAR WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender - Wireless network extender)
for less than $70.00.

Your user name without the letter L, says it all. However, still the pessimist, I can scarcely believe my issue is there to be solved for a modest sum like $70. If it works, I'll have a shot of Cod Liver Oil to celebrate in your honor.

Back