My Applications Folder became a Bundle

Gorinich

Registered
Hi, guys! I'm new here, used the saerch option, but nothing came out :-(

The problem is that i cant open me Applications folder. OS X suggested me to choose a program for it, but rrrr.... Applications folder is shown as a Bundle in it's properties, but not like Folder. What's wrong, men? How can I get my old iMac? ;-)

Well, the problem is, that I'm from Russia, and if you're not against, I need more clear path, like Finder->File etc... I'm not stupid, but my OS X is in russian.
Thank's a lot!

In Finder, go to your Applications - folder, inside that there should be a folder called Utilities (or in the localized versions it could be called something like Utility, Additional Programs etc).
Disk Utility is inside that folder.

It has an icon of a hard drive that has a stetoscope over it. (I attach icon so it will be easier to recognize from icon).

Attachments

• Picture 17.png
    Picture 17.png
    23 KB · Views: 2
2 Giaguara

Thanks. But that didn't helped. Disk utility restored something, but nothing changed. ;-(

Maybe something else?

Can you right-click (or Apple-Click) on it? Sometimes that will let you view the contents of a package. Still odd though, that the folder would be a package.

Yes, I can views the contents of the bundle, after selecting that in menu. That's how I started the disk utility.

Try selecting the applications folder, then click press apple-i or right click to get to "Get Info". Go to the "Name and Extension" field. Delete any extension - for example, change Applications.app to Applications.
If that doesn't work, you can create a folder called, say Applications 2, copy the contents Applications, copy the Applications icon, delete the original applications folder, and rename applications 2 to Applications.

Actually, after creating the new Applications folder,
copying the old Applications folder's contents to the new folder,
then deleting the original Applications folder,
renaming the new Applications folder to just "Applications",
restart the machine.

The icon "should" get updated.
You may need to repair permissions again so that the system can restore the Applications folder's permissions.

Back