My bluetooth mightymouse sucks! Am I the only one?

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
If you click the right mouse button on my mightymouse you have about a 1/4 chance of it actually working. I've been burned by it so many times that I'm conditioned to just hold control before clicking anything that I intend to right click on.

It seems like if I cycle the power on the mouse it works perfect for a while. But then it will randomly start malfunctioning within a half hour or so.

What gives? Is my mouse broken or does the BTMM just suck? It's so irritating...

you have to lift your left finger off the mouse before you click the right button, otherwise it treats it as a left click.

I don't have one but have read that others have reassigned the ball to be right click. They then have a reliable right click

If you have to use the ball for right click, because the actual right mouse button doesn't work right, then *YES*, hell, it s?*ks. :) I'm no fan of the Mighty Mouse. It shows that Apple simply couldn't agree that two (or more) buttons were the way to go. So they tried to do more buttons with only one button. Something that has very clear disadvantages to usability. One is that it's not very obvious that you _can_ use the mouse as a two-button mouse, the other, more importantly, is that for dragging stuff over long distances, say more than 600 pixels, you might have to lift the mouse and start dragging again somewhere else - at which point the mouse button will be released, because the whole top of the mouse _is_ the button. So you'll drop your file somewhere you didn't want it to be dropped. Worst case: Into a folder amongst other folders. Now you have to _search_ for your file... I hope they'll admit they've been wrong about this one day. But seeing how long it took them to go from one-button mice to the Mighty Mouse (more than 20 years), I'm not _exactly_ filled with hope.

I had to bring my MBP in to the Apple Store for battery issues and I brought my BT mightymouse with me. They said its a common issue and gave me a new one, no questions asked. The new one works perfectly so far...

Back