My CRT monitor

Rhisiart

Registered
I own a 22 inch CRT monitor made by Mitsubishi in 2000. It is still working in 2020 but occasionally the screen goes all blue and I have to turn the monitor off and on again. It doesn't happen often, but does anyone consider this a sign that the monitor is likely to fail at some point soon?

[P.S. When I bought it brand new a friend came to use my computer do some CAD type work for half an hour. I went to make him a cup of coffee and when I came back into the office he was tracing a floor plan from the computer screen onto a price of paper using a biro but actually doing it on the screen. I shouted stop but too late as his pen had left scratch marks all over my brand new screen. I was not a happy bunny for a long time but I suppose I have got used to the marks over the years. Lesson learnt: don't trust your friends to use their common sense].

The blue screen is a warning. Time to start shopping. The exact thing happened to my hubby's set up last year but he waited until the monitor went south completely and then went into panic mode.

The blue screen is a warning. Time to start shopping. The exact thing happened to my hubby's set up last year but he waited until the monitor went south completely and then went into panic mode.
Thanks Cheryl - how long did your husband wait until the monitor failed completely?

I didn't really keep tabs on it. If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was a couple of months. When it starts happening with more frequency, you may not have much time.

Back