my .dmg downloads are converting to .exe

serg

Registered
i have a powerbook g4 and have been trying to download a few trial versions of some software. when i click to download, it says it's downloading a .dmg, but when it appears on my desktop it is an .exe...

i'm not sure what the problem is. it has happened with two unrelated pieces of software.

What version of OS X are you running? I've noticed this happen with Firefox on OS X 10.2 and 10.3. Once it's finished downloading, click on the desktop and it should turn back to a .dmg (at least that's been my experience).

Seems like it's a bug in Firefox on those older versions of OS X.

i'm running osx10.4.11. i clicked on the .exe's and they didn't change. maybe i'll try downloading it at another location - even though i don't know what that would change - but we shall see...

i'm running osx10.4.11. i clicked on the .exe's and they didn't change. maybe i'll try downloading it at another location - even though i don't know what that would change - but we shall see...

Have you tried using another browser? Also, how recent is the browser you're using now? Make sure you're running the latest version of whatever browser you're using.

Back