My first iPhone web app :)

Just for fun, I created a little Web app for the iPhone that i'd love to get some feedabck on.

I needed a shopping list app, and while oneTrip is great, I found there were a couple of issues:

1) most of the time I found entering items manually was easier than cycling through the menus;
2) when I shop I like to keep track of costs to make sure I'm not spending more than I can. going back and forth from safari to calculator was too cumbersome.

So I created my own Shopping List app, which allows you to add items and calculate the total as you go by entering the price for each item on the same screen.

I'm most definitely not a JavaScript expert, so I'm sure my code sucks, but it works ok as far as I can tell.

View shopping list app

Any feedabck from iPhone/Touch users will be appreciated :)

That looks awesome! Makes me wish I have an iPhone or iPod touch just for that. I used to do this with my Palm m105 until it gave out, but nothing available for the Palm at the time looked or functioned as well as this. Good job. :)

Generally, I like it very much. :)

I mind the dollar sign as well. You could make it say "Total" instead or just have the numbers there... What about making the size exactly so that the URL-field vanishes? Some webapps for the iPhone/iPod touch manage to do just that... (It's still there, really, just moved away...)

I'd make the buttons a tad bigger with more spacing.

Oh and, yeah: It's another way to explain to me why web-apps are a bad idea. I create my shopping list on this, leave the house, and when I'm at the supermarket, I notice that there _is_ no free WiFi there, which means that my iPod touch tries to reload the page (for some or other reason) and my shopping list vanishes. Blech. I'm soooooooooooooooo looking forward to Apple's SDK, and I sure hope that it'll be possible to create such list-apps as a simple user for yourself, without having to go through some complicated (and expensive) signing process, having to download (your own apps even!) through the iTunes Store...

Back