My Four Baby Chinchillas

Evolution of the species indeed!We'd be the laughing stock of the tech community :D Otherwise a good presentation,wouldn't dare show my mom they look like "rats" to me.:p

But it wouldn't follow the trend of naming new releases after a carnivore! 10.4 Chinchilla just doesn't have the ring to it like Panther or Jaquar :D

Oh, but they're much cuter! ;) lol

Put one of these little guys in a room with anyone and watch them melt. It's become increasingly tough to go to work in the morning!

10.0 Cheetah (teh fastest feline)
10.1 Puma
10.2 Jaguar (black jaguars exist)
10.3 Panther (both jaguar and panther are Panthera Onca in latin)
10.4 Tig(g)er
10.5 Lion
10.6 Lynx
10.7 Ocelot
10.8 Pussycat

11.0 Elephant
11.1 Chinchilla ... :D
11.2 (what kind of animal will be in like in 2012? or just call it Maya?)
.. ;)

Go3iverson: them is some sweet chinchillas! I'm particularly taken with rambo, who seems to have nominated himself explorer-in-chief. What are the others called?

Gia, I love it, 10.4 as Tigger!
In fact, i loved it so much i was spurred to this very quick mockup:

Attachments

• tiggerOS.jpg
    tiggerOS.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 11
Its funny, I wasn't going to name them, because:

A. When born, they really looked alike
B. I wasn't sure if I was keeping them or not

So, of course, Rambo now has a name. It was almost Houdini, but I thought Rambo was cuter, to be completely honest. Since he was born, Rambo has been impossible to contain. They were born in a cage that wasn't baby-safe, I made a big deal about getting another or setting it up right...my roommate thought I was nuts, until, five minutes later, he started climbing the ramp to the top of the cage and jumping around.

We get a new cage, after they spent the night in a aquarium, I come home to find Rambo's back in dad's cage, so we line the bars with more cardboard. He's now broken out of every contraption we've put him in at least 10 known times in his three week life. He's also able to scale the outside of the cage to go home later. We've taken the M$ security model...hope they don't find the holes in our security while they can still exploit them, we patch, and hope he doesn't find another! ;)

The smallest one is named Peanut. He's shy, but very sweet. I think we realized he's small because the other three hog mom. So, we moved three of them to the aquarium, so Peanut could have some time with her. Second time I did it, yesterday, of course, Rambo found a way to escape that as well!

I'm tempted to name one Courdoroy, since I've always wanted to name a chinchilla that, but Chino didn't fit the name and loved the Deftones and Cashmere, well, was female and that named fit her. Besides Peanut, one other one is on the shy/calm side, so this may be my chance! :)

Nice! So different charachters ...

Ora, here's a 10.4 I came up with last week.. ;)

Attachments

• 10-4-tiger.jpg
    10-4-tiger.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 10
lol

Nice Giaguara.....you may just wanna get the word "Panther" off the side, it looks good otherwise! Not to nitpick or anything, it just caught my eye.

I'm thinking I'll be naming the other two in the upcoming weeks, so I'll keep you all posted. Also, I update that site a few times a week, so keep checking in! :)

Believe me, I thought I'd originally keep just one, but they're all so much fun. I know I can't keep them all though.

On a sad note, Peanut, passed away yesterday. He was very sweet, but very small. I'm just hoping that this has prevented him from living through a painful life due to his small size and extremely slow maturation process.

We'll miss you Peanut!

Mom and the three other siblings are all ok, just not in very good moods, to say the least.

lol

I like it, its close to something we were thinking.

How are you enjoying the Dual 2.0? I'm thinking my willpower will crack at WWDC and I'm going to go for broke on a new top of the line. Then I'll throw on some chinchilla videos. Yeah, I know my PowerBook is plenty strong, but I just don't have the storage on it, though I have some good external drives.

As an update, Cashmere's getting into a bit of a better mood. The babies still aren't happy though. Rambo didn't even try to escape the cage. My boss gave me the day off, so I'm going to spend it with the babies, trying to cheer them up.

I love my Dual G5; though I had an advantage at purchase time -- my Father's office runs on Macs, and so I get a new one every few years in exchange for support...

It can do several demanding things at once without even breathing hard (well, if you don't count the exhaust fans). And when rendering things in FCE, or rendering/burning in iDVD, it blows the doors off my old G4/867. Veddy nice.

The one complaint I had was that the case is several inches taller than the G4's was, and as a result I can't put it into the 'CPU cupboard' in my desk. Not that big a deal though; I just stood it next to the desk, on the floor.

We just got a couple Dual 1.8's at work and they are just beautiful to use. I love using FCP, I even have v4, so I figure a G5 may revive my love for creating graphic and mutlimedia art.

I know how much fun it was making baby movies of Chino, the father of the chill'un, so I'd like to be able to do the same for the kiddies. It's always fun to look back later and see how far they've come.

Just to let you all know, we have new pictures up on the site!

Here are their names...

Rambo, who's called Krembo at times.
Courdoroy
Velvet

Enjoy!

Back