my Ibook g4 is freezing

catpower85

Registered
Hi

My 12 inch Ibook g4 has been coming up with this error message everytime I try to turn it on. PLEASE HELP!!

Library not loaded/usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib
Reference: /bin/sh
reason: image not found

what can I do to fix this??

I had itunes playing music last night when I was sleeping and it was playing fine for all of the night and some of the morning, then I woke up and it was frozen, so I shut it off and turned it back on a couple times and finally it came up with the error message

please please help!

Here is what I'd like to know:

1. By "frozen," do you mean that you could not even move the mouse pointer? I'm guessing iTunes was not responding. But did you check to see whether anything else worked before shutting off the power?

2. What exactly happened when you first turned it back on? Why did you "turn it back on a couple of times"? Please be more precise, because you were the only witness.

3. By "it came up with the error message," do you mean Mac OS booted up as usual and showed you a dialog box with this error message? Or do you mean the OS did not boot up? We need details.

Several things are possible. You may have corrupted the disk by impatiently switching the power on and off repeatedly. But that's just a guess. We need more details from you.

I have the same message appear on my screen. When i turn it on i see the apple screen then a black screen, in the top left hand corner it says.

dyld: Library not loaded:/usr/lib/libncurses.5.4dylib
referenced from:/bin/sh
reason: image not found

what can i do to fix this problem, please help?

Back