My iMac VS Entry Level MacBook Pro.

speXedy

Think Different
So I have been talking to apple.com (chat with apple) and they told me (twice now) that the MacBook Pro is a better computer when it comes to gaming and graphics. It is faster, and has better specs. And ultimalty it could replace my iMac if I got a monitar for it. ...

do you guys agree with this? b/c if that is the case I could get the notebook I have wanbted much quicker then I was exspecting. Droping $2000+ on a Laptop is going to take a bit out. But if I can sell my current setup for $100 that's a good chunk there, plus Uncle Sams Refund of 600 and I'm more then half way there... so ... Yea.

Would an entry level macbook pro be better then my iMac? for Photoshop, Gaming (World of Warcraft, and some other games on Windows Bootcamp), and Video Editing?

Let me know

THANKS!

PS: See my SPecs Below for my iMac

V V V V V

Do you need or (really want) a portable? If you have a need for a portable, then go with it. Otherwise, for the use you have your iMac should be fine - just max out its RAM and it'll for quite a while.

Well with me going back to college soon, and me always wanting to have my mac with me (i have a PC at work ICKY!) and me wanting to be able to lay in bed sometimes and have my mac, and when i go to see my mom in North Caronlina, and all the coffee shops, and just ... it would be great.

Plus I have a HDTV with HDMI, and I have a mini dvi to dvi to hdmi cable i could hook it up anyway. and the way the lady on apple.com was talking, it'd be even faster for my video editing. so why not upgrade?

PS: I am waiting until WWCD b/c I know steve jobs is going to update something he always does lol.

I would go with a MacBook and keep your iMac. Then you have the iMac to play games like WoW and many others. And you have a laptop which can still play lower graphic intense games including WoW.

Back