My iPod has gremlins in it...or?

Gambit

MacManiac
Hi there.

I have a strange thing happening to my iPod at times.
When its off, unplugged it sometimes lights up for a second with nothing on the display. Just light up and then after that turnes the light off again.
It has totally perplexed me. What in the name of *** is that?

I sware that its not on, not plugged into anything. Still, the backlight goes on and then turns off within a second or two.

What's up with that?!?

/G:confused:

If its really annoying you, try resetting your iPod. If that doesn't work make sure you're using the latest firmware, or if you are then reinstall it. If anything ever goes badly wrong, you can reformat.

One of those three things should fix just about any problem you ever have with your iPod, unless there's something up with the hardware.

Got the latest firmware and the only thing that is irritating is not knowing why this happens :)

Its first my curiosity that bugs me.

Regards,
/G

My iPod does that at midnight. If it's off, and it's clock clicks over to the the day, the light will come on for a second, then go off. It's an original 10GB. Random, but it happens :S

That's interesting to hear. So I'm not alone.
But it still does'nt really tell us why this happens.
To you, Hybernate, it seems to happen at a special time. For me randomly.

/G
:cool:

Gambit, do you have calanders on your iPod synced from iCal? If you do...maybe you have an alarm going off, and the screen is coming on when it does.

Just a thought. I don't use iCal, so haven't ever synced anything from it to my iPod.

Back