My Mac is fighting with My Adobe CS2

modaman

Registered
My G5 20" iMac is running osx 10.4.8, I am also running
CS2 Preminum (education) and until last evening have had no problems. I was working on a project in InDesign and went to print and had a hickup, so I made a PDF and tried again, NADA...couldnt print or anything else. So I closed all the programs but couldnt close the InDesign even with force quit.
It wouldn't shut down because Indesign wouldn't allow it so I reset and restarted the Mac. When I restarted none of the CS2 would open at all, and nothing will print on either of my printers. One messages I get is "the process psstopdffilter stopped unexpectadly on process 1" otherwise no response when I print. Projects just go line up in queue.
I am completely confused so I thought I might reinstall CS2 but it says I need to double click ActivityMonitor.app then select AHCRemind and then click quit process. I can't locate AHCRemind so I am lost on this part as well.
Not even sure that this will help anyway, all the CS2 program just bounce in the bar and then I get the "program not responding" in the status.
BTW no programs will print (though all non-CS2 programs will open). No prints from Word or Preview or Internet, no printing at all, and there is a red circle with a white X in the top right bar, here I try to turn Version Cue on and it cahnges but then turns itself off within seconds.
I am confused and I have a project due early in the week so I am looking for some clear direction here.Thank you in advance for any help or direction.

You have two problems:

A global - cannot print problem. Which by the original post, was the first of the two to occur.
An Adobe suit problem.

Create a new 'account' via the 'System Preferences' 'Accounts' utility.
Once created and logged into, (the new account) attempt to print from any non-Adoble application ('Preview', 'TextEdit', etc.').
If successful, then attempt to launch (open, run) an Adobe application.

If it (the Adobe application) does launch, create and attempt to print a document.

If successful, then you have determined that the problems, are local to the original account; otherwise, your problems are (mostly like) System level related.

-----

If 'AHCRemind' is not present, in 'Activity Monitor' - do not worry about it.

-----

Reply with your results.

Well, I tried that advice and didn't get anywhere. I confirmed that the problem was present in the new account. This confirms that the problem is system level. Okay, so what do I do about that. Still don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. I run 'disk utility', repaired some permision but no joy. I also unistalled CS2 using Adobes instruction and reinstalled, still no joy. Now I am convinced that I must upgrade to Tiger, unistall CS2 and try again.

By the way I have a PowerBook G4 1.67 Ghz, 2GB memory and OS X 10.3.9.

Back