"My Mac just works."

I just found this while trying to get the matrix trailer. I hate it, though it will be good for converting pc users...

Hey! That was COOL! ... bling ... i like the way the iBook is mentioned a few times, in light of V. Close Purchase! ... hehe, i should have it in a Month Max! :D ... yaya! i missed it! :D ...

bling, are you any Closer?! :D

NeYo

There was a link on the same page as the ads, I think. So I clicked it. I decided to tell them my story.

I told them how I had switched over from a pc because I wanted to be able to burn cds. My pc didn't even have a cd burner. I then told them I had been able to burn cds for a while. They burnt flawlessly. I loved iTunes. I thought it was one of the greatest programs I had ever used. I am not so sure anymore. Every time I start it up, I am reminded of all the cds I have been unable to burn. All the error messages. Bliss? Not here.

But, as I told Apple in my email, I doubt my experience of being hardly able to use my "digital hub" to do what it claims to do...so effortlessly.....would help sell Macs. "Buy a Mac....You'll be able to burn cds...for a while." It's hardly a convincing slogan.

If you don't believe there is a problem, go to Apple.com. Look under Support. Discussions....iTunes.

There are HUNDREDS of people having problems.

We can all claim, just like these ads do, that life is great...Macs work like a dream..and everybody has never been happier.

For all of us who cannont burn and have written letter after letter in vain, this illusion doesn't equal reality.

I am sorry I am the lone dissenter on this forum, but everything is not perfect. Every Mac is not doing what it should.

I promise to all of you that when this is resolved....I will go back to adding less negative posts (unless I am banned first).

Until then, I plan on speaking out.

Gregita - what are you talking about? What hardware are you running? I am reading through the posts you suggested, and most of these people having problems are using strange hardware.

I burn CDs all the time with iTunes and the Finder with no problems, and have 3 macs, none of which are newer than a year and a few months old.

I've got a burning problem too — the burner won't work at full speed anymore. I burnt 8x before, now I've got to tell Toast (program;)) to burn at 4x.

Any ideas about solving this ? Don't tell me that's the CDs, I'm using Verbatim 1x-16x, always used them, with succes at beginning, now at 2 times slower success.

And Toast Platinum can be used for free, I've got a free version of it.

Kazrog, there is no need to get bent. Breathe.

I am using iTunes and the internal drive that Apple put in the computer.

I don't have Toast installed. I don't have any strange configuration. I don't have any external drives.

Just a G3/600 with 256MB RAM...Just as it was sold, I am sad to say, at Circuit City.

If I had it to do over again, I would still buy a Mac, but from another store :p

I have come to the conclusion in the big scheme of things, this burning issue is trivial.

Thinking of going back to Windows makes me cringe.

I stand by my pledge to stay with Apple as long as they make them.

As for the iTunes/Disk Burner issues, I am certain they will be fixed. My instincts tell me it is right around the corner. Possibly in a few days. Time will tell.

In the meantime, Kazrog, may I suggest Kava Kava?:)

I don't see how asking simple questions and stating simple facts makes me sound angry. Perhaps it is the lack of any emotional context whatsoever in my post that leaves it open to interpretation, in which case it is YOU my friend that are reading the anger into it...

Right back atcha ;)

Back