My new little Apple!!!

Scott_Bernard

El flaco de la loca mac
Hi forum people, long ago that I do not write anything new, but, now I am happy
for telling that my Apple family has grown! Now I am the proud owner
of a preowned dual usb 600 Mhz iBook and am enjoying all the advantages of Panther!!! btw, as my iBook is already two years old and the computers become
obsolete in a moment, I would like to take advantage of all its
potential. For that reason I request you any tip you know to take advantage of my new cute toy :D

Thanks from already

mdnky said:
RAM, RAM, RAM! Just make sure it's of good quality.
Hi there! Me and my Fiancee have just bought our first iBook and it's also our first mac! :D (800 MHZ G4, 256MB DDR Ram)
Anyways after being an avid PC user i'm adjusting to our iBook very well and i'm loving every minute of it using it, it's soo easy!
Can you advise me on some info about the iBook memory, where to get it (UK) and how to upgrade it?
Many thanks,
Charlie & Lou

Big hello Chazam!Try the hardware & peripherals forum for your questions on ram,those guys know alot there.Did you buy new,the retailer should've suggested how much memory it could handle.

Congrats on the iBooks, both of you ^_^

The prices for memory in the sponsor (banner on top of page) seem to be pretty good as well. :)

In the end of the iBooks user-manual there is a easy-to-follow description of how to upgrade the ram. More ram is a very good investment (and it is best buying it from other sources since apple charges very much for it)! i guess your ibook got a built in 128 mb memory card and another one in the memory slot. Doubling the ram really doubles the speed in certain operations. since macosx always uses the extra memory as cache-memory, everything from opening appliations to scrolling through iPhoto pictures goes a lot faster.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys!
It's really nice to go from the PC to an apple. I was a bit weary at first but my fiancee fell in love with it so we bought it! :)
Our ibook can take 512 meg upgrade i think.

iBook's of the type you've got can also be modded to use a second monitor. <a href="http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html"target="_new">CLICK ME!!!</a> to find out how.

wow, i just enabled my second monitor, and i gotta say this is the coolest thing!! i've been waiting yrs for this(at least it seems like it :) ), i even considered buying a powermac(book) just because of this i don't know how many times.. way cool, it works out perfectly!!

i used the first link though, not the german heise.de one. guess there isn't much difference, just wanted to let you know that this is a cool thing and that it actually works great!

alex.

Is there a way of making that dual-monitor tirick work on a 15" fs-700MHz G4 iMac?
I tried the script, but it told me (in german) that my computer doesnt support it :(

Chazam said:
I was a bit weary at first but my fiancee fell in love with it so we bought it! :)

Isnt that always the way? She loved it, you didnt so now you're both very happy with it?

Back