My New Mac

Holy snikies! It may be an uphill battle convincing Dad that spending the extra $100 may be worth it - but *I'm* sure as hell convinced. I can get an 800Mhz processor for the same price as the 733 processor under the student discount? Wow! (I'd have to live without the DVD-Rom drive -or- a printer for about an extra month but I don't think that's a problem.)

I LOVE you guys and I LOVE this board. Ignore my sig. I'm changing it.

Crap!

"Please be sure you are adhering to the Terms and Conditions before ordering. In addition, we request that students fax a copy of student identification AND proof of current class registration in developer-related courses. Apple reserves the right to refuse access to this offer by non-students and/or non-developers. "

I'm a student, but I'm not currently enrolled in any "developer-related" courses - I'm a history major.

This might not work.

Oh well, back to the 733mhz.

Brian.

I signed up in November,

I am in Graduate school (MBA and Tech Mgmt)

They never asked for a copy of anything. I signed up, paid my $99 that was it....They did of course ask for the student ID number and what school on the online sign up form. I then received the welcome aboard box with 3 days after signing up.

Dont worry about it, the worse that could happen is they say not and they dont charge you the $99

From what I'm hearing, yes, they can take your money as a student developer but decide you're not eligible for the student hardware program.

Essentially, to be eligible for developer membership, you only need to be currently enrolled, while to be eligible for the hardware discounts, you need to be approved - that requires a transcript. Did they ask for a transcript in your case?

Brian.

Nope

they never asked for a transcript. I never even read teh disclosure that you did (im sure it was there, I just never read them:) )

jim

Well, I'm not going to sign up for the Apple Developer thing if there's no guarantee that I'd recieve the discount.

Brian.

Back