my own pics in slideshow screensaver?

amo

Registered
I read the How-To by swizcore, but I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to take some of the pics that I get with my digicam and have my mac use them as a screensaver, like the beach or cosmos ones where they fade into eachother.

So anyway, here's my questions:
Is there a certain size (either kb or resolution) that the images have to be? I understand that they should be at least the same size as the monitor's resolution (1024x768), but can they be say 1600x1200?

How many images can I use? Is there like a limit of pictures the screensaver will cycle-through?

Last and probably most-importantly, where do I put the pictures? This guy says to goto Library/Screen Savers/ and there are packages of pictures here, but when I navigate there I don't see anything.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me out!!

I have the Slide Show pointing as {home} and I have all kinds of things in my within including including .TIFF, .PICT, .JPEG, .GIF, .PSD (Photoshop), and .BMP's. These are all random things from small bottons to full images.

My screen saver does not kick in too often, but from what I can tell it takes all of the above and just does the right thing...

I think your problem is that you actually do see the screen savers, but you don't know how to open the packages.

The pictures that are used in the screen savers are inside the screen saver "files" themselves. The screen saver files are actually folders, so to open them you need to highlight them and control click on them, and then scroll down to "Show Package Contents". That will open up the package, and then you open up the folder "Contents" and then open up "Resources", and that's where you should find the files that are used in the screen saver.

So if you want to add to those built-in screen savers, you just need to put the pictures where the other ones are, and you need to make sure that you name it similar to the other ones.

As for the pictures themselves, they can be any size. OS X will use its PDF technology to expand or shrink the picture to fit, but it should be just about the size of the screen at the current resolution.

By the way, I was the one who came up with that tutorial. :D I just couldn't post in the How-To section, so I had twyg e-mail it to swizcore who posted it for me.

No that's not right. the Slide Show screensaver he asked about has an option under the Configure button for selecting the source folder for the image.

No messing around with packages, etc to use this.

:)

Back