my photoshop doesn't work

Hobeaux

Registered
I installed Panther on a separate drive and the copy of photoshop on my other drive refuses to work "necessary files missing" or somesuch.

So i reinstalled panther onto my new panther drive and it complains that I don't have necessary permissions and photoshop must now quit.

dang it!

Mine works fine (v7)... try repairing permissions with Disk Utility on the install CD.

Get info for the volume with Photoshop on, and check "Ignore ownership on this volume" under Ownership & Permissions ;)

I had the same problem, tried all the normal (permissions, optimizing app, fsck) nothing worked. I ran Norton Disk Doctor, gave location errors which I fixed, and then defrag. Photoshop works now.

Panther, JAG, and classic all on seperate HD.

UPDATE: Stopped working, Norton didn't help.

I got mine to work. After a restart it seems to work now. Dreamweaver still doesn't but I don't use that very much.

I have had this problem before. To fix it, just re-install the Photoshop into the same location, it replaces the file that is missing...

Hey, do you know if I can install Photoshop V.6 on Mac OS X. Is there a driver or something I can install which will allow me to use this software?

Back