my PowerPC iBook G4 laptop won't turn on

J*Photography

Registered
Hi,

I bought a PowerPC iBook G4 second hand from ebay, it was working fine until one day, it stpped turning off. My lecturer told me to hold the power key down until it turned off.

This was fine for a while but now it won't turn on, whenever I try to turn it on it just comes up with a grey screen and wont load. I have important information on my Mac which is vital to the course I am studying, I have tried turning it to hard drive mode to try and get the information from it but it doesn't show up on my other mac.

Any ideas...

Please write back soon, I have a dissertation to hand in tomorrow morning and it is on my Mac,

Thank you xx

I have important information on my Mac which is vital to the course I am studying, I have tried turning it to hard drive mode to try and get the information from it but it doesn't show up on my other mac.

Here's a link to Apple's website where you can check the required specs for both the Host/Target computers when using Firewire Target Disc Mode (hard drive mode)

Do you have the install disc/s for your iBook? You could boot from the disc by pressing the 'C' key at startup and use Disc Utility from the disc in the disc drive to repair your Permissions/Disc.

This may help you too ....

Troubleshooting portables that won't turn on or start up

Back