My screen is tinted different colors when I start up!?!?!?!

OraliusJohnosn

Registered
I have no idea why but some times my screen is tinted orange and gets blurry when I start up.
Does anybdy know why? And how can I fix it?

You sure it's tinted orange? Could it be more of a yellow color?

I've seen CRTs tinted magenta, cyan, and yellow, but never orange. If it is tinted magenta, cyan, or yellow, it means the CRT is starting to degrade, and the cathode ray tube needs to be replaced.

I had this problem with a Cube. It took apple 4 tries to finally admit it was a bad monitor and to replace it. I was really pissed at Apple for a while there...

Its a iMac DV it also gets dark sometimes and streaks images to the right of the screen. The problem comes and goes when I restart but it's terrible.

have you got this plugged into a good surge protector strip? one with insulated sockets? is it possible that interfence from other electrical devices are causing this? i mean, you're not on the same circuit as the refrigerator or something are you?

:confused:

No it has a surge protector no big devices in this room. But I do have a huge home theatre system on the other side of the wall and everytime the system goes on my computer screen shakes a bit. That might be it.

Back