My Sound Input and Output devices are gone...!

Moosa

Registered
I don't know what's going on... I tried to record something and found out that there's no device in my Sound Input and Output panel in System Preferences panel. Just can't understand where it vanished? It was just last week when I recorded a whole audio cassette and converted it onto CD using the same 'Input' and now the panel is totally blank. My audio recording software 'Amadeus' tells me it's having 'Problems opening the sound Input device' I am using Panther (10.2.8) on iMac DV+ (G3 - 450Mhz)

Can anyone please help?? :mad:

I've had the same issues in 10.2.8…have you rebooted?

What input device are you using with Amadeus?

Well basically it is not even showing the built-in mic and speakers... I wasnt using any input devices except a lead-in to mic in from the output of my cassette player. I recorded one full cassette last week just like that. I am amazed. Yes I have rebooted. I will try it again just now...

:D Yeah I solved it by installing the OS X.2.8 upgrade though I am pretty sure I installed it earlier too. But I installed the upgrade and when I restarted my system it came back with the sound input and out devices.

You might first try rebuilding permissions.

If that doesn't work, boot up with your system disk and repair disk. DO NOT reinstall OS X, but go to the menu bar and choose Open Disk Utility.

Let us know what happens. Maybe the audio driver (Input and output) will return that way.

Back