Mymargins are off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

strunz

Registered
Dear Mac Persons:

I come begging, hat in hand, for help with a problem that has been plaguing me for, literally, years. I've wasted hours upon hours trying to find a solution. I'm at my wit's end, and hope someone will be able to demystify this debacle for me.

Whenever I print a document of any kind, the margins are never as they should be. It doesn't matter what software I use. Let me give a simple example:

If I compose an 8.5 X 11 document with half-inch margins all the way around, the printed margins are shorter on the top and left, and larger on the bottom and right. Every time.

I use both a Lexmark Z23 and an Apple Stylewriter II. Both printers produce the same results.

I've used AppleWorks 6, QuarkXPress 3.31, Avery Mac Label Expert, Avery Click 'N Design and a demo of Adobe InDesign. None produce a correct result.

I've tried changing the scale. I've tried everything I know to try. Nothing works. I don't know what to do.

Please, if anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate your help. Perhaps you could pass this along to a friend who might know. I thank you in advance.

I'm using a B&W G3, 400MHz, 1 gb RAM, OS X 10.3.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back