myspace/door_44

nixgeek

Mac of the SubGenius! :-)
Nice and clean. Very minimalistic.

Incidentally, what software are you using on your Mac (if at all) for your DJing?

ashbradshaw

Graphic Designer
whats funny about how i got started in the djing world was that about 6/7 years ago i got into dance music in a big way, i never had any money at that age for decks so i used winamp and realplayer and timed the tracks just right and pressed stop and start on the two programs, then i found traktor v1. played in bars round my home town then moved though out the new v2/3 etc and now i play all the time around house partys at college and clubs around the uk still with my notebook and drum kits etc, do you DJ your self?

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=traktor3_us&ftu=fbb17c4924bad05&flash=8

ashbradshaw

Graphic Designer
i love your track (Voltage Control) if i can say...i like the sound you seem like you know what your doing...could do with a dark deeper sound under it, keep it up mate,

and good luck with the little one..

nixgeek

Thanks. As fro the darker sound, were you referring as to a drop of some sort or a droning pad? GB only has so much oomph in it (that's what I used for that track). :)

ashbradshaw

Graphic Designer
FC Kahuna, blackstrobe and Erol Alkan producers like that is more what i DJ but i can listen too Slum Village to kenny dope when i'm on my own, i know you said you have a family but do you ever go out much? ive been told miami is some place for the music scene........

nixgeek

Well, it's kind of hard to go out to places like that when you have kids. And even then, we're not much of the clubbing type (thought I do listen to the music). I'm not looking to do anything similar to what the artists mentioned have done, but just my own kind of thing. Somewhat ambient/electronic, but not just limited to that.

And yes, Miami (specifically in the South Beach area) is definitely for that type of music scene, but not much else.