MySpace player no longer works right on my Macs

doctormelodious

Registered
Greetings,

I dunno if this is a Flash question, or a MySpace question -- or both. The MP3 player that appears on MySpace music artist/band pages (the one with up to 4 MP3s you play by clicking on their titles) has stopped working right on my Macs.

I can still click the song titles, and use the transport controls to start, stop, pause, etc. But the "Standalone Player" button, and the "lyrics" and "download" links (when enabled) used to open new windows. Not any more. Now I get nothing. This is on two different Macs, in three different browsers. I made sure that Pop-Up disabling was off (where provided by the browser), but it didn't make any difference.

This behavior is consistent between the latest versions of FireFox and Safari, as well as the final version of IE.

I have also installed the latest version of Flash for pre-Intel OS X Macs. Still no dice. These buttons/links still work correctly on our PC, by the way.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
DM

P.S. I have also e-mailed MySpace tech support. Thought I'd best look around on my own as well.

You might have to download the latest Flash Player (version 9) and reinstall it.

Back