mySQL broken after 10.2.4 update

dsnyder

Registered
Just updated from 10.2.2 to 10.2.4. I've discovered that the command line 'mysql' utility no longer works. It might not be related to the upgrade, as I haven't had to use mysql in a while, but I can't think of anything else I might have changed.

All of my webapps that use mySQL are still working, but if I run /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql I get the following error:

dyld: /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql Undefined symbols:
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

This is an incompatibility of your mysql executable with the new 10.2.4 system library. You can only overcome it by either recompiling mysql on 10.2.4 or obtaining a new mysql version which has been compiled appropriately.

I just checked the mysql site - there doesn't seem a binary update available yet so you either have to wait for it or compile it on your own.

I guess I haven't used mySQL in a very long time. I had installed it a year ago from Marc Liyanage's site, and just found this specific problem mentioned in his FAQ here: http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/mysql/#faq

It turns out that it was actually the update from 10.1 to 10.2 (back in September) that broke this, and I had not noticed it until now. I just updated to the most recent version he has available, and it is working now.

Back