mySQL on OSX

csajovic

Registered
I am interested in peoples experiences with MySQL on OSX. Whos gotten it to compile? What compilation issues arose? Is there a 'good' binary some where. any help would be great. I am trying to use Apache, PHP and MySQL.

oh by the way, why do I need to download the Apache webserver if it comes installed with OS X.

thanks

oh by the way, why do I need to download the Apache webserver if it comes installed with OS X.
[/B]

Where would you download that, cause i already destroyed apache on my OSX

If in the course of your development, you've managed to trounce all over your native Apache installation, have no fear. I nearly have the configuration and build process figured out to build Apache in place using the Apple directory structure as oppposed to sticking it all in /usr/local/bin/apache.

Right now, I have it working (I even compiled in PHP support to the natively installed Apache) and I am just finalizing the instructions and a couple patches for the Apache source.

Keep your eyes peeled...

Originally posted by matvon
Right now, I have it working (I even compiled in PHP support to the natively installed Apache) and I am just finalizing the instructions and a couple patches for the Apache source.

Right on, this is what i was looking for. ;)
I deleted one of Apache dir's by accident, while i was working on my install scripts and binaries for Samba.
If you're interested they're here.

DJ

Could you include a fresh copy of the StartupItems/Apache directory aswell, mine is adjusted by iTools and i want to start over again from scratch.

DJ

If some of you have hosed your apache install I'd reccomend re-compiling from the darwin apache source which is already reconfigured/patched to compile on Darwin/Mac OS X PB. That source can be accessed from:

http://www.publicsource.apple.com/projects/darwin/projects.html

Personally, I use this apache source for the work I've been doing instead of the source provided by apache.org. I think one is less likely to run into issues going this route.

Back