MySQL problem after 10.3 update

sub-spaced

Registered
I don't know what is going on.

Upgraded to 10.3 a few days ago and finally got php and mysql working, so that I could connect to my mysql database on my computer and an external mysql database through the terminal and apache web server.

Now after installing the security updates last night, I cannot connect to my external mysql database neither through the mac osx apache web server (through a web page) or through the terminal.

Also each time I start the computer I have to restart the internal mysql database through the terminal, this never needed to be done before. Once I get mysql internal database running I still cannot connect to my external mysql database. I continuously get the line
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mydatabase address' (60).

Please can someone help me!

-----

I have managed to get the mysql database to startup on OS startup but still get the same message when I try to connect to an external database through the Terminal
ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mydatabasedomain' (60)

I'd say that the update most likely blocked that port.

If that's the case, you need to open up the firewall and create a filter for that port.

Also, the issue of the having to restart MySQL from the command line could be resolved by visting the Entropy web site.

I'm pretty sure there's a little script that you can install that starts MySQL on restart.

Hope that helps?..

Back