Name change problems

gatorparrots

~departed~
I thought our old posts would reflect our new names in the database, but this doesn't seem to be the case with me (everything still shows as being by 'G. Peretz').

Also, I logged out in Chimera as an experiment and now I cannot log back in with either my old or new user name. [It's a good thing my Mozilla installation is still cookied!]

Has anyone else experienced any glitches like this with the name change?

ok. i think i fixed it. i accidently added a space at the end of your username - my fault entirely. try it again. it should work with your new name.

i'll look into the database thing next.

here is one of your earliest threads you started. your profile box reflects your new name. however if you were to view in a thread list, it will still say G. Peretz. at this point there is no plan to intentionally update that aspect. if it ends up happening during some other activity like updating vB or restoring the database, then so be it.

Thank you. That fixed the login problem. It is a bit disconcerting to see all of the 'G. Peretz' listings in the HOWTO & FAQ forum as the thread starter, then opening the threads themselves seeing gatorparrots in the author field.

Ah well, I suppose I can live with it.
Thanks again!

that's the price we pay :D glad you got it working.

everybody who got a new name should try the log in and out thing - my fingers could have made that mistake more than once.

Back