NAT won't ƒµ¢%!#& work!!

kommakazi

Hack the Planet!@#
Just recently I aquired a B&W G3 tower to replace my ancient bondi iMac. Previously, I used my iMac to connect to the internet an share it over my network with all my other computers. Now the iMac is in a completely different room and cannot be used for this anymore, the G3 tower sitting in it's place. Problem is the tower doesn't have a modem, so I had to revert to my iBook for connecting to the internet and sharing it. It worked fine with IPNetShare, except that I had to reset it every time I redialed. My iBook had been running still on the original formatting from when I first got it nearly a year ago, so I decided a reformatting would help it out a bit. After I reformatted and reinstalled the system up to 10.1.5 and reinstalled IPNetShare, It wouldn't share the internet anymore! So fine, I searched a little with Google and found instructions for doing it myself, sans IPNetShare. None of the various instructions have worked yet! Does anyone know why the hell this refuses to work? Any suggestions please! If you need to know something else please let me know! I really want to get this stupid thing working! Or if you just have an internal modem for a B&W G3 you're willing to sell that works :D

Back