Native Intel version of Microsoft Remote Desktop?

markfc

Registered
Haven't seen this mentioned any where. Any ideas if this will be universal soon?

Is there an alternative mac client for RDP?

Cheers!

I see this one as less critical, since its performance relies on the network connection and not the speed the application itself is executed at. If it runs in Rosetta, that's okay, I'd say. Or are you saying it _doesn't_ run in Rosetta emulation?

I'm not sure. my Intel iMac in is the boot of my car. I will test it when I get home and let you know.

I was just wondering as I haven't heard it mentioned, but for me it's a critical app as I need it to remotely support work.

I downloaded RDC for Mac X from Microsoft and it installed and works great. I have several Windows PCs and one iMac. During the transition to the iMac I am using RDC to get access to the previous Windows XP machine.

Hope this helps.

Yup. Thanks. Now it's confirmed that it "just works" (through Rosetta emulation). ;)

I am at 10.4.7 running MS RDP client to windows 2000 and 2003 terminal servers. I get to a point when my session freezes whenever I copy something into the paste buffer. It hangs for about 15 secs. The only way I can fix it is be deleteting the "~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/RDP Client/RDP Preferences" file. I will then go for a day or two without the problem, then it comes back. Anyone else having this problem?

I use RDC and RDC menu on a daily basis. Although it 'just works' the appication is out of date and printing locally does not seem to be supported on Intel. I also experience problems at least once a week with the application and often have to delete the preferences. It will be interesting to see if Microsoft bother to update the Mac Client to work with the new RDC protocol which has better support for streaming media. Doubt they will though!

There is an open source RDC client package, called rdesktop, that you might want to look into.

It would require running in X11, as it's not an OS X specific app, but a 'general purpose' unix one. It is one of the apps that can be installed through MacPorts, if you use that to manage packages. (www.macports.org - formerly known as DarwinPorts).

Back