ndoagent

SGilbert

Registered
I'll try to make this short.
Was formatting USB for a car update, and somehow deleted my desktop. Replaces from Time Machine backup, but now I get constant, sporadic ndoagent quitting alerts.
Spent time with Apple tech support (yes, I still get it for free with my new 16" MBP) All they could think of was to run Malwarebytes, and to reinstall Mac OS 12.0.1.
Did both--no good. Searching the web, I ran across someone on MacRumors forum that had the same thing. He updated to Mac OS 12.1b2 thru Apple Beta site.
Frustrated as I was, I did the same, and for a whopping 2 hours, I was good to go.
Not so fast, It has returned, slowly, but getting more frequent. Sometimes every 20-30 minutes, sometimes 4-5 in rapid succession.
Tried to delete 4-5 hidden instances found with EasyFind, but the system won't allow it. :(
I've got a few choices: Help here; call tech support again (didn't help the 1st time!); Go to Genius Bar; or throw this $2500 POS in the trash!.
Any help here?
Here's what I get:ndoagent.jpg

What car update for what car? Most modern cars can format on their own now too!
'21 Genesis GV80.
Yes, it does format, but, prior to that, there was a confusing scenario to delete something or other, and somehow, I deleted my entire desktop--nothing else.

'21 Genesis GV80.
Yes, it does format, but, prior to that, there was a confusing scenario to delete something or other, and somehow, I deleted my entire desktop--nothing else.

Yes take this as learning experience let the car format drives the get software to write to that format! I can't see how you could delete your own desktop!he only way is you screwed up!

Yes take this as learning experience let the car format drives the get software to write to that format! I can't see how you could delete your own desktop!he only way is you screwed up!
Of course, I screwed up. My problem is how to fix it.
The same fella that said to update to 12.1b2 because that would fix it, now says to reinstall and "Erase all content and settings".
I'd rather slit my throat than have to go through that!

The same fella that said to update to 12.1b2 because that would fix it, now says to reinstall and "Erase all content and settings".
Can you boot in Record mode? I ask because if you go into the settings and you can go back and repair the install!

Record mode?? Never heard of it. Besides, since the original 12.0, I've installed 12.0.1 twice and 12.1b2 once.
This boo-boo happened on the original 12.0.1

FOUR calls to Apple support today! After 3, they transfer you to Tier 2 support.
(Shot the H out of my day :( )
An hour and a half later, after trying at least a dozen different "techniques" he struck upon a possible solution.
Startup in safe mode. Wait for awhile to see if the "ndoagent quit unexpectedly" popups quit. They did.
Reboot to 'regular' mode.
It's been several hours now, and all is fixed! Seems a normal restart does NOT correct any 'boo boos', but Safe mode does! Who knew.
Whatever.....I'm whole again! All's right with the world!

And, FWIW, there is NO WAY to return to normal OS from beta! System will not allow downgrading.
Signed out of beta, and the next update of the 'normal' OS will take me to it.

FOUR calls to Apple support today! After 3, they transfer you to Tier 2 support.
(Shot the H out of my day :( )
An hour and a half later, after trying at least a dozen different "techniques" he struck upon a possible solution.
Startup in safe mode. Wait for awhile to see if the "ndoagent quit unexpectedly" popups quit. They did.
Reboot to 'regular' mode.
It's been several hours now, and all is fixed! Seems a normal restart does NOT correct any 'boo boos', but Safe mode does! Who knew.
Whatever.....I'm whole again! All's right with the world!

And, FWIW, there is NO WAY to return to normal OS from beta! System will not allow downgrading.
Signed out of beta, and the next update of the 'normal' OS will take me to it.

This should tell you that modern MacOS is designed around SSDs or NVRAM drives and NOT old plater hard drives! beside in my world I never used Beta besides the first OS X Beta came out to replace the classic OS with help from the help from the Steves old BSD business! At least Steve like the Aqua look in Finder! ;)

None of what you just said makes any sense! My ONLY purpose for installing the beta OS was to get rid of that extremely intrusive 'ndoagent quit unexpectedly' popup!

Whatever--it's fixed!

STOP the presses. :(
I spoke too soon. 5 hours after the 'repair', and 5 hours since the last popup--it's back.
Restarted in safe mode; then back to regular mode. No change--still getting it.
Back to tech support tomorrow. Totally burned out right now!
Edit: On to the Genius Bar. Apparently they are going to erase & reinstall from a Time Machine backup I just did, eliminating my 'culprit'.

Last edited:
The bastard on phone lied to me. Since it’s beta, they need Mac for 24-48 hours! They will not reinstall from my backup, but, with a new appointment, they’ll help me.
Argh!
(On my iPhone—having withdrawals)

Back