Neat Camino Tip

Most; if not all of you probably know that you can hold the Apple key and click and drag the "Home", etc... buttons to different places in Camino.

Just found that out and wanted to share. :)

It works like moving the Apple icons in the menubar.

Reality said:
Whooooa. I didn't know that. Heh, that's pretty cool. What else can I do with the Apple key I wonder. :p

• Move around Apple icons in the menubar; including clock and fast user switching (if you have that on).

• You can also; in Camino; click "View" then "Customize Toolbar..." and there are quite a few more buttons you can add.

senne said:
You can do this in almost every application, including the Finder. Try it and you'll see! :)

Ah. I didnt know you could do that in the Finder too.. :)

You never know what you can find in the world of Macintosh. :D

riccbhard said:
• Move around Apple icons in the menubar; including clock and fast user switching (if you have that on).
!!!!!
Whoah. I did not know that. Works with third-party menu extras, too. Coolness.

Now I wonder even more why Apple decided to make items in Safari's bookmarks bar draggable. It's a real pain when dealing with menus (they don't pop up on mouse-down, because it's thinking you might drag them). And here there's already a logical Apple-approved precedent for that kind of thing. Tsk tsk.

Lt Major Burns said:
menus in Safari 2.0 (and possibly 1.3) bookmarks bar open on mouse down now.
But there's still a slight delay to allow time for dragging. I've always had to make a point to hit the (annoyingly small) popup triangle to get instant response, or else use them like sticky menus (which I'll never get used to).

The bookmarks menu comes down pretty much instant for me. I've never had a problem with accidently dragging the items on the bar when clicking.

Back