neat safari trick...

profx

ill never 4get watsisname
if you click and drag on a text hyperlink you get a semi-transparent grey box with the url and title, you can gray it to the dock or another app or the desktop and it will create a link.

not stunning but neat all the same

edit: stupid safari wont display image, it has to download it, then you have to rename it from attachment.php to .tiff... and preview wont export it so i cant save it as a jpeg... argh

Attachments

• link.tiff
    6.4 KB · Views: 37
Originally posted by profx
if you click and drag on a text hyperlink you get a semi-transparent grey box with the url and title, you can gray it to the dock or another app or the desktop and it will create a link.

not stunning but neat all the same

edit: stupid safari wont display image, it has to download it, then you have to rename it from attachment.php to .tiff... and preview wont export it so i cant save it as a jpeg... argh

Actually except the neat transparent graphical effect, this can be done via ANY OS X browser! This isn't a Safari only feature... :D ;)

:)

Clippings - it's not just URL's. Highlight any text and drag to your desktop.

that was getting on my nerves when i first used Safari, you know how if you hold down on a link for a while in IE, you get a list of options, NOT FOR SAFARI. THat damn draggable link would pop up, dragged it over that first time, there it was, I rather have the IE feature, i get tired of "control" clicking.

I didn't find a better place to put this, but here is it. Just a neat little safari "trick."
;^)

Attachments

• picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 11
Ugh, that showed up way to big... I hate graphic converter cuz it makes something look nice and small but then it get blown up like that whenever I convert from pdf to jpg :^( That's a screenshot, it shouldn't be able to get that big!

Back