Need a d working download of X11 for 10.4.5

camgangrel21

Mac Programer
I have a G3 PowerBook run 10.4.5 just fine I don't have any install CD disks for 10.4 all I have is the DVD and no DVD drive for my Laptop. Could someone out there point me to a FTP spot that I can get the X11 installer for 10.4?

Take your PowerBook and Tiger Install DVD to someone / somewhere that has a Mac, with a DVD ROM drive or Burner.

01. Connect your PowerBook to the 'other' Mac via a FireWire cable.
02. Boot your PowerBook with the 'T' key pressed.
03. Once your PowerBook appears as an icon on the 'other' Mac, insert the DVD into the 'other' Mac, and double click on the DVD's 'Install Mac OS X' application.
04. Proceed with the installation process, making sure you selected the PowerBook as the destination, navigate until a panel displays the 'Customize...' button. Click on the 'Customize...' button.
05. Click on the 'X11' check box to add a check mark. All other check boxes should be not checked. If any are click on the check box(es) to remove the check mark(s).
06. Continue the installation process.
07. Once the installation process is completed reboot both Macs. As the two Macs are rebooting, remove the FireWire cable.

barhar thank you but this a prefire or usb powerbook. it's a wallstreet.
eric2006 I have try that download. but it will not install saying that I have newer software. IE 10.4.x this was met for 10.3 - 10.3.9. I was kind of hopeing that someone might have a FTP server setup that could put a working link for the X11 pak file on the DVD on the server so it could be downloaded.
Guess I'll just keep hopeing.

Hi,
Just had the same problem tonight. My boyfriend has a souped up G3 with Tiger 10.4.5. Couldn't get the G4 DvD to play. So put it in my G4 ibook and transferred the x11user.pkg to a USB flash stick and he was able to plug that into his laptop and Voila!

A~

Back