Need a lil' flash help

Hidden Gekko

3 Years and 100 Posts 0_o
I downloaded the trial version of Macromedia's flash just to make a banner for my site. I never used flash before, but I managed to make a spiffy 20kb banner. I just need some people to test if they can see it, because so far the people i've asked either can see it fine, or they can't see it all. Two people i've talked to who live the UK haven't been able to see it, that I know, and they claim to have flash installed.

It's saved under Flash 6 format, and I dont think its a problem with the html coding. Again, i've never used flash so I probably screwed up somethin' for someone... Is there a way to like 99% sure that everyone will be able to see it? I'll have to make it a quicktime movie if this doesn't work out... about double the file size...

Oh and more thing... how do you format it so it won't loop?
:rolleyes:

My site is
http://www.digitalizedzone.com/home.shtml

The flash SHOULD be above 'our stats'

Thanks for helping a confused small site webmaster out...

Urg, Flash. Why would anyone use it? :confused:

Honestly though, your banner looks quite nice, not too obtrusive.
Oh yeah, I can see it ;)

It does, looks nice :)
Its just when whole sites are created using Flash and don't have a non-Flash version (i.e. the Macromedia Exchange site, it won't load in Safari because it says I "don't have flash" :mad) that it annoys me

If you haven't fixed the endless looping, I believe if you go to Modify > Movie there should be something that turns loop on and off...it could be a check box...

Sorry Gekko, I made a mistake!! The place to turn off the loop is in your Publish Settings. Go to File > Publish Settings. Then pick the HTML tab.There's a section called playback I think, where you can uncheck "loop". Hope this helps!

Back