need a little help with apple script...

Great idea! I wonder what it is about scripts saved in the AS 1.7/10.1, or what's the problem with the AS installs in 10.1, that keeps them from running as apps - & only for some. Could be some kind of conflict I guess, but it didn't seem like there were any common elements to make likely suspects. There's nothing obviously wrong with the scripts, & the file & creator type are same as 10.0. Maybe it's the new icons...:) Guess it's just one of those quirky things, but I'd bet a reinstall would solve that problem (& probably give rise to another).
Great job with that script - they all seem useful as is, but could stand a little tweaking... now this one seems fully tweaked & ready to go! Cheers

Originally posted by acur128
One possibility with the scripts quitting is the Toast extension "ToastVideoCDSupport.component" (in /Library/Quicktime if you're running Toast) conflicts with AppleScript applets/droplets in OS X 10.1... If you have Toast installed, simply removing the file temporarily - no logout or restart needed - will allow scripts to run from the Finder.

You have no idea how much time this tidbit of information saved me. I've been trying to figure out why my AppleScripts are bombing since 4:00pm. It's now 8:44.

Thank You!

Back