Need a new processor for my Graphite G4

I have the sonnet version, and it works great. Sonnet also sells a dual 1.8 Ghz upgrade, if you want to look into dual processors. That would totally rock your system, but it's not cheap (at 600 bucks.. might as well get a DC mini).

My 1 Ghz upgrade enabled me to use iMovie, and even iDVD. I would also recommend getting an AGP graphics card upgrade, if you use graphics programs. A new graphics card stopped the occasional iDVD crashes I was getting, allowed me to run new games, and enabled quartz extreme.

go for the 1.4g for 299, thats the one i'm planing on getting for my 466mhz g4, after having done a lot or research in the last 6 months. it has the L3 cache which makes a big difference. xlr8yourmac.com had a really good review of some g4 upgrades that i based my decision on. it showed a dual 1.2 w/L3 keeping up with a dual 1.8g w/out L3 in several tests. so i figured a single 1.4 w/L3 should do rather well compared to a single 1.8g w/out, and for less money too. as far as the other cpu, if your system is really a 100mhz bus, the i'd say it was up to you if 50 bucks is worth going from 1.4g to 1.5g. i will not be getting it because it will only add 66mhz to my 133mhz bus mac, and thats not worth the extra $50 to me.

Back