Need help cybershot and OS9.2

birz

Registered
I am new to forums and asking for help..
I have an iMac Graphite which has OS 9.2 and OS10 installed
I am very comfortable with 9.2 and pla :( n to stay with it as long as possible.
Today I purchased a Sony Cybershot DSC-H1 camera which states it will work with OS 9.1 ; OS 9.2; and OS 10
The salesperson stated I'd have no problem with using it with OS9.2
But bedarned if I can get the disc with the goodies USB driver/photo programs to open and install
All I wish is to put a few photos on my desk top via my USB port so I can take them into Photoshop ;-0
I did not purchase a memory stick as I understood I could take just a few photos and download them which is all I need right now
I have a sinking feeling this CD is set up for OS10 only :
I know there are places online where I can get an earlier version of a driver for this camera but cannot locate :
I know I am sounding dozy - but as a white haired senior I really enjoy using my Mac - but am really slow at doing anything new on it.
Can anyone tell me where I can find such information ?
Or suggestions that will help?
or should I bite the bullet and see if OS 10 will load the info?
If it does is there any fast way of moving the photos back into OS 9.2 where I am comfortable working?
Hope this makes sense.
Sharon

Sharon, I suspect that CD is for a peecee only. We've had Sony
cameras since the one that used floppy disks for storage and
never needed Sony software (except its UDF extension for the
camera that used mini-CDs).

Have you tried just plugging the camera into a USB port (after
setting it in "play" mode first)? It should show up on the Mac's
desktop as another drive.

Thanx for answering Al - I did open the Cd in OS 10 and I can download photos - alas I do not use that platform at the moment.

I also contacted Sony and the required CD for the OS 9.1/9.2 platforms is in the mail .. I await it arriving. I hope it works.

I did do just what you mentioned I plugged into my OS 9.1 set to download some photos and lo and behold a NIKON driver which my son uses when home popped up and did the job magnificently. Go figure ;-9
I personally feel that Sony (and any other manufacture for that matter) should include all required drivers for all platforms that a product states it is good for! Surely the extra few cents and happier customers would be the important issue?
Thanks again for your input.
Sharon

Back