Need help deleting a photo from iPhoto--for good!

iji oh

Registered
I spent 2 hours the other day, attempting to organize photos on my new Mac. I arranged the photos into folders, and deleted some that I had imported in iPhoto from my camera. After all the work was done, I quit iPhoto.

Hours later, I fired up iPhoto again--only to discover many of the photos I spent hours deleting were STILL THERE. I proceeded to delete the photos yet again---and like a bad dream, again, and again. I must've "deleted" the same photo FIVE times.

I even went directly to the "originals" folder and deleted some of these files. Of course, when I opened iPhoto, there they were. I'm so disgusted with this program that I've decided to store, organize and edit my pictures on my Windows desktop.

Can someone please tell me how to delete a photo from my computer FOR GOOD?

Thanks in advance.

Deleting photos from an album in iPhoto will do just that, the photo stays in the library.
Delete from the library and they will go into the trash can on the side bar of iPhoto just in case you deleted one by mistake. Delete from, iPhoto's Trash if you want them gone for good.

You can drag Photos straight into the side bar albums. Folders can be dragged in and will be made into albums. Drag in under the trash can where there's space :0
Just finished scanning in nearly 500 old photos, now all in albums, some also as slide shows.

Do Play around with the slide show option for each album, should make you feel better. Export as movies.
Best

Back