Need help quitting *phantom* OmniFocus process

Syncopator

Registered
Several months ago, while using the public beta of OmniFocus (and long before the iPhone SDK existed), OmniGroup toyed with an OF web interface. I tried it once or twice, but never used it again. Eventually I stopped using OF, all together, but....

Tonight I needed to look into my system.log (for an unrelated reason), and I discovered that hundreds -- literally, hundreds of times a day -- some OF web-interface-related process is running on my system and producing errors. Here's what appears in my system.log, hundreds of times:

Aug 13 23:00:21 Mervs-MBP-2 com.apple.launchd[104] (com.omnigroup.omnifocus.web_interface[24326]): Bug: launchd_core_logic.c:3076 (23585):2: chdir(j->workingdir) != -1
Aug 13 23:00:21 Mervs-MBP-2 com.apple.launchd[104] (com.omnigroup.omnifocus.web_interface[24326]): open("log/production-stdout", ...): No such file or directory
Aug 13 23:00:21 Mervs-MBP-2 com.apple.launchd[104] (com.omnigroup.omnifocus.web_interface[24326]): open("log/production-stderr", ...): No such file or directory
Aug 13 23:00:21 Mervs-MBP-2 com.apple.launchd[104] (com.omnigroup.omnifocus.web_interface[24326]): posix_spawn("/Users/merv/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Web Interface/script/server", ...): No such file or directory
Aug 13 23:00:21 Mervs-MBP-2 com.apple.launchd[104] (com.omnigroup.omnifocus.web_interface[24326]): Exited with exit code: 1

How do I stop this process from occurring on my machine, hundreds of times a day??? A terminal command, perhaps?

Help.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I wasn't clear: There's nothing executable on my machine, bearing the name OmniFocus or OmniGroup. I deleted all of it, months and months ago. (All that's left are webloc files and text documents.)

But obviously some kind of process is being run, over and over again -- I just can't locate the source. I was hoping the text I posted might suggest a solution. (I'm not afraid to tinker around, under the hood -- but I don't know how to read those error messages or how to correct the problem.)

You were perfectly clear and I wasn't looking for an executable, just what's left on your System that belongs to Omni, anything that might give a clue to solving this ... have you deleted all that is related, even the webloc/text files?

No, I didn't delete the webloc files, because they are harmless. However, a deeper search led me to an OmniGroup plist file, located in ~/Library/Launch Agents, that I think may have been the culprit.

I removed it and restarted, and that appears to have stopped the phantom process from running (so far).

Thanks again!

That OmniGroup plist is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to have Spotlight toss up ... I was the one who wasn't being clear :)

FWIW, I have a little System Preference pane installed that is useful when I want to delete something, when I drag the app to the trash, a window pops up notifying me of any/all associated cruft and asking if I want to keep them or trash 'em.

The cruft doesn't add up to much when considering freeing up disc space, but in your situation it's nice to know what files are left behind when the main app is dragged to the Trash ...

AppTrap is fully integrated with Mac OS X and that's why I prefer to use it over the other similar apps ... that and it's free! :)

Thanks. I actually do run AppTrap! But I probably had not yet installed it at the time I deleted OmniFocus, almost a year ago. :)

Thanks again!

Back