need help with iPhoto, digital camera and .Mac mail

cwoody222

Registered
I have a friend who needs help. She previously asked me how to email photos from iPhoto. I showed her how to click the Mail icon on the bottom which opened Mail and sent her photos. Easy. She has a .Mac account.

She then bought a new memory card for her camera which holds more photos. She forgot to format it. However, she can take pictures fine and even transfer them to iPhoto fine.

However, she cannot email them anymore. She gets an error about an invalid password.

I thought maybe .Mac was down but that was days ago and it's still the same. She CAN send mail without photos in Mail just fine.

Her ISP is AOL dialup if that matters.

Now, she called Apple and they said she was trying to send too many photos. She had only ever sent TWO.

She visited the nearby Apple store and they told her that maybe the new card was taking photos that are too big to send.

But the "invalid password" error doesn't really make sense then. But anyway...

Today she (supposedly) figured out how to reconfigure her camera to take smaller-sized photos. But, she's still getting the same error.

I'm not even convinced that's the problem because even if she tries to re-send photos that she took with the original card (which are small and she successfully sent weeks ago) she gets the same error.

She's no super computer user and my experience with digital cameras is almost non-existant so I'm hoping someone might have some advice?

Have her click on the camera icon that is on the desktop. Then go to the file menu>get info>Ownership & permissions. Make sure the owner is her - not system or any other name the computer has on the list. She may need to click on the lock and enter her password. Then have her click on the button Apply to enclosed items.

If that does not do it, have her go to the Utility folder and start up Disk Utility. Click on the hard drive then click on the Repair tab. She will be able to verify and repair permissions. Once this is done, everything should be back to normal.

Back