Need help with PC and Mac Networking

neomx187

Registered
I am currently running Mac OS X 10.3 panther with latest updates on an Apple iBook G3 500mhz 192mb ram, B&W Powermac G3 350mhz 392mb ram, and iMac G3 450mhz 392mb ram. i am trying to network them with my HP PC running windows Xp professional SP 1 all updates as well here is the problem when I power them all up The macs can all see each other but none of them can see the pc and the pc cant see any of the macs. i have also enabled iTunes shaing among all computers and all the macs can see the PC music library BUT !!! the PC canot see the mac library. now I have tried using PC mac lan as well as dave and also I have switched on the sharing prefrences in the control panel to no avail i have also tried reformating the PC also no help. any ideas anybody?? I have done this before and it WORKED but when I moved and had to move all the computers to a new house it just does not work anymore any ideas anybody ?? please help. :) ::sleepy::

I also have 2 macs (G4 OSX 10.3.2 and G3 OS8.?) and a Novatech 1Gh (Windows 2000) and have always had periodic difficulties with communication. However, currently, all seems stable. :)

I use Dave and periodically, when, as inevitably happens, something changes on the overall network, I lose it :( and have to reinstall Dave from scratch, going through the (admittedly straightforward) startup guide seems to do the trick. ::love:: I hope this is of some help!

However, in the long term, the whole communications area between Macs and PCs needs to be absolutely solid if (in the end) Mac is to survive as a meaningful platform and of course it is up to Apple to ensure this.

I can almost never find my PCs in the Connect to Server window. I always just type the ip. Same thing with my XP machine, for some reason I can't see anyone from my XP machine, so i just click run and type \\192.168.0.0 for example. or from my mac I would type smb://192.168.0.0

Back