Need help with running a Mail Server

macidiot

Registered
Hello, I need help running a mail server on my PowerMac.

Here is what I want to do. I host a Mac website on my computer. We have a contact us page. We recently found out that the mail forwarding was not working. I want to set up an IMAP and SMTP server that will allow me to check that e-mail via webmail (squirrelmail). I want username@mydomain.com to be a valid e-mail address, and I want to be able to send/receive as normal from that address.

Here is what I have done so far. I have enabled postfix with postfix enabler (I have 10.3), and I have enabled IMAP, SMTP (with authentication), and POP. I have installed squirrelmail and I have the appropriate ports forwarded to my server via the router. The contact us page sends e-mail to 'username@localhost'.

Any e-mail sent to us via the "contact us" page does get transported to my IMAP server. In other words, I can see that e-mail in SquirrelMail. I can send from SquirrelMail to a real e-mail address. But when a real e-mail address sends to 'username@domain.com', it does not go through. It bounces with the error "Deferred: Interrupted system call"

I have never set up an e-mail server before, and I am not sure I have done anything. I can't seem to find a strait forward walk through, and I am stuck. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! :cool:

Back