need help

fiznutz

mind bender
ok here´s the deal. I made a big mistake in the illusion of getting my partition back "that i lost in a fruitless linux attempt" i downloaded Bootcd and made a OSX-bootcd. I booted it and went straight for disk utility i renamed the unused partition set it up for HFS+ and then locked the other partitions, then i pressed the button. Hell broke lose i lost all my partitions and ended up with a non bootable system. Deserves me right to not read the instructions but , now i reinstalled OSX and booted the machine take out my diskwarrior-cd put it in to see if i could magically bring back my beloved MP3:s and other precsious files. Discwarrior boots just fine but, it doesnt mount my hardrive in fact i cant do anything with it i then decided to install OS9 in an attempt to launch Discwarrior from there. Pop in the OS9 CD same story there it cant see my harddrive! If someone has any suggestion please help!
Ive tried zapping pram and just about any trick i know but nothing helps.

ok, with no hardware specs i can only guess - but if you are using any hot plug in external drives, wait til after diskwarrior is launched to plug them in. it should then recognise them. I don't know if it will locate your internal at that time or not but it seems worth a shot.

ok sorry for not posting the specs but im running a cube with an internal drive without any external periphereals and the weird thing is that i cant even install OS9 cause the disk isnt even noticed by the system. Ive been digging around a little more and found the install OS9 disk drivers option in Disk utility i unchecked that option at the unfortunate time described above. can that have something to do with it, wtih discwarrior being OS9 driven and all?

Back