Need mail data restoration help

Zarembo

Contributing member
I had my hard drive replaced under Applecare because of a defect in the drive. While I was able to pull most of the data, I'm not familiar with reconstructing my mailbox accounts. I believe I have the information to reconstructh the mailboxes ~ I need some directions as to how to do this. And no, I didn't have a backup of my data. Surely there must be someone out there who can tell me how to do this.

The only way you can fully restore everything you have is if you have your "Home:Library:Mail" folder. You must drop this folder into the new Library Folder and Launch mail, it will come up with the usual "See new features!" annoying pop-up but just click no. All your mailboxes should show up in the drawer. You can do the same for apps such as Address Book, Safari (bookmarks), and more...

If you haven't saved these folders, you cannot regain all your previous mail. You can just re-enter the information for the account names and passwords and hope that you internet service provider hasn't deleted all the messages within the past few days.

Good Luck,

Back