Need Major Help with 20gb 4th gen!!!

massell

Registered
After the recent apple update my ipod now displays the folder with exclamation point icon. When plugged into my macintosh it says "You have inserted a disk with no volumes Mac OSX can read". My ipod will not show up on the desktop or in itunes, and I have tried resetting, restoring, disk utility, and nothing will make my ipod readable. In disk utility it says its unmounted, is there any one who can offer me help??? I need it badly!

I have the same problem with my iPod. HELP. I am getting that you have inserted disk with no volumns that Mac OS X can read from my iPod. I have tried everything and don't know what to do.

You have already tried restoring it from the iPod Software updater? Try formating it as HFS from Disk Utility, then restoring it. You have tried that? Did you try to restore from an OLD iPod updater? Like, the one on the CD or one before this problem came up?

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give it a try. I have restored my iPod from the iPod software updater. I am not much of a computer guy, but will try to restore from an old iPod updater. what is HFS ?

froggyprager said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I will give it a try. I have restored my iPod from the iPod software updater. I am not much of a computer guy, but will try to restore from an old iPod updater. what is HFS ?
The old updater, right?
HFS is the format that macs use, in Disk Utility, choose Mac OS Extended (journaled), which is the same thing. See attached.

Attachments

• formatting.png
    formatting.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 3
Back