Need new Video Card for B/W w/ G4 500mhz

MacFreak

Chic Not Geek
When I install new Pionner DVD and didnt realized that Video Card didnt support so I need new video card for B/w that I already install G4 500mhz from sonnet. Which video card should I get it? My budget will be $150 or less.

Thanks

I noticed that ATI Radeon 7000 PCI do not support Quartz Extreme.. I prefer to buy ATI Radeon 9000 PRO 64 but most have AGP not PCI? Where can I find PCI available for G3 B/W?

The last pci card made by ati was the radeon 7000, which is a decent card for your B&W. I had one in my old B&W before upgrading my system last year.

An even better choice would be the original ati radeon (pci version). Yes the 7000 has a little higher clock speed, but it didn't have the horsepower needed at higher resolutions for gaming and such.

http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=232&Page=1

The only problem is that they are not available new any more (unless someone has one leftover in inventory) so that would leave you looking for a used model.

As far as quartz extreme, there is a hack to enable it on pci macs. I've never tried it, but I've heard mixed reviews on how well it works.

Good luck

Back