Need to combine two MP3s into one file.

chemistry_geek

Registered
I just bought "The Legendary Hall & Oates" 3 CD set; I've ripped all my favorites from all three CDs and burned a CD to play in my car. The problem I have is with two songs, "Dance on your Knees" and "Out of Touch". On the original CD, "Dance on your Knees" transitions immediately to "Out of Touch", with NO SKIP, but iTunes inserts a 2 second skip. I can't figure out how to make iTunes have "no skip" between two songs. The only alternative I can think of is a utility/program to join two MP3s into one MP3. Does such a utility exist?

One more question: Does any one ever have problems listening to burned CDs in their car? Some CDs that I burn, have a "digital fuzz" sound, sort of like "zzzzzzz" on one or more tracks. I'm thinking that it's perhaps a bad burn; only seems to happen on some CDs since burning another CD either has no "digital fuzz", or its on another track.

In future when burning, you can go to iTunes --> Prefs --> Burning, and select no pause.

The no pause feature still has some to be desired. You can clearly here when the cd changes tracks, but hey, apple is getting there. As for the buzzing, sounds like you downloaded an RIAA planted file off of the FastTrack (KazZa) network.

MBHockey said:
The no pause feature still has some to be desired. You can clearly here when the cd changes tracks, but hey, apple is getting there. As for the buzzing, sounds like you downloaded an RIAA planted file off of the FastTrack (KazZa) network.

I don't download MP3 files illegally. I purchase CDs, then rip, mix, & burn them to play in my car. The way I copied the CDs was to copy the raw AIFF files from the CD to my hard drive because I didn't was a "lossy" copy, and I didn't want iTunes to rip using AIFF because I didn't want to go digging deeply in the iTunes folder. My Macintosh isn't connected to the internet so iTunes would place the files in an "unknown" artist folder. I just wanted to copy the files to a folder on the Desktop, drag the files to a play list in iTunes, burn two CDs (one backup for when the first copy gets scratched to hell from sliding around on other CDs and the floor of the car), and delete the folder on the Desktop. Besides, I have a 12GB HD in my Blue & White G3 and I only have 2GB free, so keeping MP3 on my HD is not practical. For a couple of the newer CDs I purchased, the copy process took almost an hour to move about 550MB of raw AIFF. Normally this takes a minute and a half to two minutes. I suspect some sort of bass-ackwards copy-protection mechanism/scheme as the CDs were not stampted as "Compact Disc Digital Audio".

i am not sure about the buzzing sounds then. Hopefully in the future Apple will fix the no pause thing to make it work better.

You might try importing you music using the new Apple Lossless format instead of MP3. (you need I-Tunes 4.5)
To switch the format that it uses when importing... I-Tunes>Prefs>Importing (tab)>Import Using (dropdown menu)

Back