Need to convert MIDI to WAV or MP3...read

drunkmac

has a mac beyond repair
I found this great MIDI file for my cellphone but its too long and the good part of the song isnt even until later.

So I want to convert the MIDI to MP3/WAV

Edit it and slice it.

Convert it back to MIDI

or

Edit and slice the MIDI file.

I cant find any programs thatll let me do this for Mac OS X. Please let me know if you have any idea on this! Thanks.

Sorry, but MIDI > WAV/MP3/AIFF is a one way conversion, you can't go back again. If you still want to convert this this way, export it as AIFF from Quicktime Pro. If you don't have Quicktime Pro, get Melody Assistant (it's only $15) and use that to export it.

However, you can use Melody Assistant to edit the MIDI file directly. It's easy to open the file, select a number of bars, go Edit > Bars > Delete, and save. Boom, done in no time.

You can use that program, Audio Hijack, or whatever it's called now, by the company Rogue Amoeba. I think there's a free version. It will record audio output from your Mac and, presumably, save in MP3 format. Play the MIDI and capture what you want with said program.

Doug

If you have QuickTime Pro, you can open the MIDI file and use the export function to export it to a number of different formats.

However, you can't go back to MIDI from an MP3. You'll have to open the MIDI file in an audio program like Logic Audio in order to edit the MIDI file directly. Maybe there are cheaper or even free alternatives? I'd also post this to an audio-centered forum. Maybe you can even get somebody to edit it for you.

Back